Why Respiratory Care is Crucial in the Age of COVID-19
In battling COVID-19, respiratory care has become a critical tool to fight surges, reduce viral infection rates, and save lives.
Respiratory care is an umbrella term encompassing many forms of lung treatment. In the age of COVID-19, this has proven to help patients who have suffered from varying forms of respiratory distress. Continue reading to learn more.
What Does Respiratory Care Entail?
Respiratory care is a type of specialized lung treatment designed to help people suffering from pulmonary disease. A variety of care settings serve as sites for healing including, but not limited to:
- Acute care hospitals
- Emergency rooms
- Urgent care settings
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Home health
- Long term care facilities
- Wellness centers
These settings provide many different treatment types and solutions to those needing breathing assistance such as nebulizers, inhalers, oxygen therapy, antibiotics, corticosteroids, immunotherapy, pulmonary rehabilitation, and more.
If you are currently suffering from a form of pulmonary disease, have trouble breathing, experience frequent allergic reactions, or deal with recurrent congestion or coughing, visit your doctor to learn more about receiving respiratory treatment.
Respiratory Care and COVID-19
Caring for your respiratory system is particularly crucial in the age of COVID-19 because of its contagious nature. While minor infections don’t typically require professional treatment, more severe cases can result in critical diseases, complications, and syndromes related to the lungs.
According to Hopkins Medicine, COVID-19 can cause lung complications such as pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and sepsis. Respiratory care is necessary for treating these patients and helping them regain lung strength.
Benefits of Home Respiratory Care During the COVID-19 Crisis
Many COVID-19 patients have received healing through home respiratory treatment, which has become crucial in battling the pandemic.
Here are a few of the many benefits caring for your respiratory system at home has to offer COVID-19 patients:
- It frees up hospital beds - The Coronavirus has plagued hospitals all over the world in varying waves. Many hospitals have experienced periods of extremely high demand for treatment. Through the use of home health care, patients can continue healing and recovering from the comfort of their own homes once they are stable enough to leave the hospital setting.
- Patients will see improved health outcomes - Many coronavirus patients discharged from the hospital will see improved health outcomes through the use of a home oxygen concentrator. Doctors will prescribe this form of treatment on a case-by-case basis.
- Home respiratory treatment is convenient - It’s not always easy making it to regular health appointments or traveling for respiratory therapy. Home oxygen concentrators make it possible to receive the breathing assistance you need at home. It also makes it more convenient for friends and loved ones to visit you than a hospital setting typically allows.
O2 Assist Is Here for You
After making an appointment with your doctor to discuss your plan for respiratory care, check out O2 Assist for the latest technology for oxygen therapy. We have clinical consultants ready to work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan using our oxygen concentrators. Even before you purchase your concentrator, you can quickly get in touch with us using our 24-hour online chat or contact us over the phone or via email.Shop our extensive collection of oxygen concentrators that can be shipped throughout the United States today!