This Is How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Transform Your Life
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a highly effective way to heal wounds and has consequently been known to change injury patients’ lives.
This type of oxygen therapy is delivered in a specialized chamber where you breathe oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure. Patients utilize this to treat various infections, wounds, and other ailments in a non-invasive and effective way. Today, we’re sharing more about this form of oxygen therapy and how it can significantly improve your quality of life.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy 101
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a type of treatment used to speed up healing in conditions in which tissues are starved for oxygen. Many people choose to undergo this process to treat damaged tissue in a pain-free way. HBOT might seem like a relatively new treatment, but professional athletes have been using it to expedite sports injury recovery for years.
During HBOT, patients lie in a pressurized chamber to breathe pure oxygen. This comfortable process dramatically increases the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream to accelerate healing. This treatment can penetrate up to three times deeper into damaged tissues than average air pressure levels.
How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Help
HBOT was first commonly used in the 1940s when the U.S. Navy used it to treat deep-sea divers with decompression sickness. Over the next few decades, this therapy was also used to combat carbon monoxide poisoning. Today, it’s still used to treat decompression sickness and carbon monoxide poisoning, but it’s also been approved to treat more than a dozen other conditions, including:
- Certain non-healing wounds, such as a diabetic foot ulcer
- Necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating disease)
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Brain abscess
- Arterial gas embolism
- Severe Anemia
- Cyanide Poisoning
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Compartment Syndrome
- Crushing injury
- Certain Acute Traumatic Ischemia
- Radiation injury
- Sudden deafness
- Sudden vision loss
Benefits of a Hyperbaric Chamber
Doctors have realized the many benefits of HBOT for many diagnoses in recent years. The following benefits demonstrate the true value of hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a treatment for a wide range of health problems:
- Decreased edema - Edema, or swelling, happens due to poor circulation. During HBOT, any fluids built up inside of the body are filtered out.
- Increased oxygenation to tissues - When tissues become hyper-oxygenated through HBOT, they can heal at a much faster rate
- Increased white blood cell counts - White blood cells are major players in the body’s immune response. High-dose oxygen delivered under pressure boosts white blood cell production to promote healing.
- Enhanced effectiveness of antibiotics - As the body becomes flooded with oxygen, antibiotics can reach bacteria and treat infections more quickly.
O2 Assist Is Here for You
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy can treat a wide variety of health complications and ailments to transform your quality of life. O2 Assist is here to provide the latest technology for oxygen therapy to fit your unique needs. When you buy one of our concentrators, we ensure that you never feel like you’re left on your own. You can quickly get in touch with us using our 24-hour online chat or contact us over the phone or via email.
Shop our extensive collection of home oxygen concentrators that can be shipped throughout the United States today!